Saturday, November 29, 2008

Decorating Time

Decorating for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving was always my family's tradition when we were growing up. Seeing as I'm scheduled to have a baby next week, we decided this was definitely a good day for decorating. My feet have grown incredibly huge in the last few days, and I was so tired early in the day, so I decided I really needed a nap before I'd be up to decorating. I slept for a little while, and when I got up, most of the house was done. My wonderful husband had drug all the decorations out of the attic and set up almost everything. He left the tree because I really love decorating the tree every year. We put Clayton down for a nap and did the tree together. Clayton was so excited to see it completely decorated when he got up. He spent about five minutes showing me every colored ball on the tree. He also immediately found an ornament he received from GiGi last year that has Scooby driving a snow plow. Within a few minutes that ornament had to move higher up on the tree.



Tonight Ryan and I sat around by the light of the Christmas tree and several lit strands of garland, listening to Christmas music and enjoying this little time of peace before the new baby arrives. One week to go. Healthy is our only prayer.


Waiting for that third baby.

3 comments:

  1. fun fun fun!! clayton is too cute!!!

    we have yet to do our decorating because we've all been sick this week... first the kids and now me and brian. but i am DETERMINED to get our tree in the next few days!!

    one week to go, my friend! as i laid in bed this morning, i prayed and prayed for you and your sweet baby. i prayed for two things over and over: peace for you this week and for the arrival of a precious healthy baby. i can't wait for friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. John and I were excited to hear the news that you are expecting and are praying that you will have a perfectly healthy baby. Glad to keep up with you this way. Your old friend, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Clayton is so precious! My family and I have prayed for you two for many years now, it is always so wonderful to hear how you are doing. Maybe one day we can meet eachother's little ones. Thank you for sharing, Bridgette Foster (Eggen)

    ReplyDelete