Friday, January 22, 2010

It's Been a While

It's been a while since I updated our blog.  We've had holidays, travels, and some company, and I just haven't gotten around to blogging lately.

On the heart front, in case you haven't heard, it's looking more and more like Clayton will not have his Fontan for at least another year, if not two.  We'll have to see.  His size is the issue, and the fact that he is doing so well from a cardiac stand point, leads both Stanford and our cardiologist to see no reason to rush into a Fontan.  Personally, I would love to see Clayton with higher oxygen sats, but his body is tolerating these sats so far, and the cardiologist seems okay with him staying like this for a while longer.  So that's the plan for now.  Things can always change, especially if his tricuspid valve worsens or heart function decreases, but for now we wait.

On the Eli front, it's been a rough fall and winter for our boy.  He's currently on his fifth (at least) double ear infection of the season.  ENT has been mentioned, but I think we're going to wait it out a little longer.  On Tuesday he woke up with a fever, and I was suspicious.  By 10 am the piercing screaming and ear tugging made it obvious.  Yesterday and today he's been back to his old happy self, attempting to mimic a lot of what Clayton does, and attempting to wrestle with me at every moment.  Wrestling must be an inborn trait in little boys.  I don't understand it at all, nor do I really care to participate.

2010 has arrived.  It's hard to believe.  I'll update again with some new pictures soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment