Friday, February 12, 2010

Clayton's Valentines

Clayton's preschool class is not having a Valentine's party today, but they are bringing Valentines to exchange.  After briefly contemplating hand making all those Valentines, I decided that 2 and 3 year olds do not appreciate such things and would actually probably appreciate store bought ones more.  Clayton and I headed to the store last week, and he selected Cars, of course.  It was a close race between Cars and The Incredibles, but Cars won.  It wasn't until we got home that I realized the Mater card says "Eat my rust", and I'm really not so sure about that as a Valentine's message, but oh well.  It's done, and Clayton was so thrilled by the Mater cards, so hopefully no one is reading them too closely.

Clayton had a blast putting these together and thoughtfully choosing which chocolate he wanted taped to which Valentine.

In Clayton's class the children take turns bringing a snack to share each day.  We had the snack bag today, and Clayton was so excited to take these Valentine's treats to share with his classmates.  This morning he told me the hearts were so pretty.  Thank you, Clayton.  It's hard to tell in this picture, but I put a little red food coloring in the marshmallows, so the treats are pink.  I thought they looked so cute, and I hope the kids will be excited to eat them this morning.


Of course we had some leftover treats at home, and Eli wasted no time having a morning snack today.  Yes, these treats come with the Eli stamp of approval, which isn't really saying much, but they really were tasty (Ryan and I took care of the scraps last night, so we know).

You can take all the pictures you want, Mom, but don't even think about laying a finger on my rice krispie treat!

1 comment: