Thursday, May 13, 2010

Unwanted House Guest

These pictures are not great because frankly, I just wanted him (yes, him because I don't believe something so vile could ever be female) out of my house and out of my life forever!


So, the story...

I'm in my bathroom this morning getting ready to go to Bible study, which, on a side note, we've missed the last three weeks due to illness, and Clayton waltzes in. 

Clayton with a huge grin: Mommy, there's someone in the kitchen.

Me: Oh really.  Who is it?  Is it Dash?  He's very into pretending that Dash (from The Incredibles) is everywhere with him.

Clayton: No.  Come look.

Me: Is it Mater (from Cars, another often present imaginary friend)?

Clayton: No, come look!

I decide to oblidge, as I'm trying to be a good mom and supportive of my child's imaginary play.  Clayton takes me into the kitchen and around the back side of the table, and that's when I saw it.  Ugggggggg!  It was about a foot long and it was somewhere between a pencil and a sharpie in thickness.

Okay, I know it's small, but still.  A snake was in my house!  Inside my house!  How did it get there?  How long has it been there?  How is it getting out?  What if it slithers under my oven or fridge, or worse?  What if I lose track of it, and it just disappears inside our house only to later be found in one of our beds or the couch or something like that?  I immediately called my mommy!

It's a really long story, but it did take almost two hours to remove the said snake because I'm a weeny.  In the end Ryan had to drive home from work (30 minutes each way), and the two of us were able to get it onto a shovel and out the door.  He, the snake, was not happy and was repeatedly striking the shovel through the whole ordeal.  I did, once again, miss my Bible study, which I'm severely disappointed about, but at least my home is snake free, I hope.

I told Ryan that I think we are going to have to sell this house and move, but he assured me we are staying put.  How will I ever relax in my kitchen again?

4 comments:

  1. Oh man, have I got a story for you. http://jackandmandy.blogspot.com/2010/05/in-which-i-make-you-squirm.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. between a grill fire and a snake, you are having quite the adventure in OK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Wendy! That is a snake! Oh my goodness. I think you handled it all very well indeed and I too would want to move, but I'm sure Kevin would react much like Ryan. What a story.

    ReplyDelete