Sunday, September 19, 2010

Baby Smurf

No, it's not Clayton this time, but winter is coming, so I'm sure he'll be smurf-like in no time.  Poor kid.

The other day I was busy in the kitchen.  Clayton was up, but Eli was still napping, so I felt it was safe to lay Aaron down on the floor in the living room.  This cannot be done when Eli is roaming.  After a while I realized it was very quiet in the living room.  At first glance I was pleased to see Clayton happily entertaining Aaron.  Then I did a second take because something blue caught my eye.  Sure enough, Clayton was leaning over Aaron, and there was something very small and blue very near to Aaron's mouth. 

Fruit snacks!  I had given Clayton a little baggie of them, and he was sharing with Aaron.  Aaron was completely going to town on a blue fruit snack that Clayton was holding up to his lips.  I didn't freak out.  I just calmly asked Clayton to stop.  Then we had the conversation about how babies only eat special milk and that although it is very nice to share, we shouldn't share fruit snacks or any other food with Aaron until he is a lot bigger.

These pictures are a little blurry, but you get the picture.

The blue mess

While cleaning him up, I realized his tongue was pretty blue too.  Must have been good.

1 comment: