Saturday, August 6, 2011

Cardiology Clinic

Clayton had his cardiology check up on Wednesday.  Weight gain since January... wait for it... none.  Yep.  I promise I feed him (see attached picture).  So I had to ask the question, "Is it even possible for Clayton to achieve 15kg?"  And the answer I got was, "Maybe not."  That said, after some discussion between OU and Stanford, Clayton will have a heart cath this fall here at OU Children's (I'm trying to be okay with that).  Those numbers will be sent to Stanford, and they'll decide if they want to go ahead and proceed with Clayton's Fontan.  Clayton is going to pre-k this year, and it would be nice to have this done before kindergarten, so we'll see what they say.  The whole thing makes my heart pound a little too much.  I'm in no rush to do this surgery, but I do really want it behind us.  I can't believe it's been almost five years since we've been to Stanford.  I can still hear the beeping (and smell the parent lounge... gag).

6 comments:

  1. I love the picture :) I'll send you an email with the rest of my questions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You all are constantly in my prayers. I wanted to let you know Tricare might let you go to stanford for the cath. Luke needed one at 4 and I asked the question. The PC put in a request undr continuity of care. It was a non-medical attendant TDY for Jeff. I know what you mean about the sounds and smells. Some hospital soaps smells are the same and I get sick to my stomach. Romans 12:12

    Dawn
    Luke's mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clayton and your entire family are in our prayers and thoughts. I can see that Clayton is such a strong, determined, and persevering fighter, and we wish him good luck and even more vigorous strength and cherished prayers during this precarious time. We hope and pray that all of his tests and surgery go smoothly and successfully, and that he continues to flourish and thrive wonderfully after the surgery. Heartwarming hugs and positive thoughts coming your way. Love, Abby, Eugene, and Maya

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute pic of the boy. Sorry about results of not gaining any weight, I'm sure you feel like it's such a rollercoaster. I'm definitley praying for you guys and I know that God is using your family to tell a greater story. Love you,

    lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will attest that Clayton eats like a champ! We were impressed with how much he ate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Clayton! Thinking of you and Ryan as you move forward on Clayton's journey.

    ReplyDelete