Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Happy Birthday Eli!

On Monday we celebrated Eli's third birthday!  I can't believe this boy is three.  In some ways it seems like he was born yesterday, and in some ways I can't believe he's only three.  I think having Aaron so close to Eli has skewed my perception of time. 

There's so much to say about Eli.  Eli is definitely the child requiring the most "parenting" these days.  We're either laughing at him hysterically or wanting to pull our hair out in frustration.  Sometimes we're feeling both ways at the same time.  Eli is passionate about everything.  He plays passionately, he loves passionately, and he loses control passionately.  He's never dull, that's for sure. 

Eli's greatest love in life is... still... trash and everything that has to do with trash, trashcans, dumpsters, and garbage trucks.  It's really completely out of control.  The first thing he wants to do at anyone's house is see their outside trash cans.  Really?  He wants to know what day is trash day for every place we go.  He recently saw a garbage truck empty a dumpster at Clayton's school.  Now we have to talk about it nonstop everytime we take Clayton to school or pick him up.  That's twice a day, five days a week.  It's painful for me. 

In honor of Eli's great love, I decided to have a garbage truck birthday celebration.  It will probably just encourage the infatuation, but I couldn't resist.  One day I'm sure we will get a big laugh over all this. 

 The traditional birthday donut selected by the birthday boy

Blowing out the first "fire" of the day.  Leading up to the big day, Eli was constantly reminding me that there would be fire on his birthday.

My attempt at a trash truck cake



He loves being the center of attention.

Blowing out the candles

Happy Birthday Eli Jacob!


6 comments:

  1. Good trashcan cake!! I have a funny story about vehicle cakes I will ha e to tell you some time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cake Wendy! I bet Eli went crazy when he saw it. I love that boy so much. Give him a squeeze from me. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELI!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the cake. It's awesome!! Happy Birthday Eli!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOUR CAKE ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!
    AMAZING!!!!!!
    He would be in all his glory here, the trash comes three times a week. Yes. Three times. Tuesday, Wednesday(yard waste) and Friday. On Friday's, 3 trucks come to our house - trash, recycle and environmental services (yard waste again) It's kind of out of control. It seems to always be trash night!
    Lucy and Eli are the same. I swear. We always say "she is going to destroy us" in between bouts of laughter, hilarity, passionate loves or fits. Hope these two can hang out someday!
    Happy Birthday December 5th buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is the most awesome cake!! I am sure he loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete