Monday, January 2, 2012

Thanksgiving

Now that it's January, I am officially behind with blogging.  I need to rewind back to just a little before Eli's birthday, so onto Thanksgiving it is...

We made our annual trek to Arkansas to meet up with my mom's family for Thanksgiving.  We had a great weekend eating, catching up with friends and family, and eating some more.  Meghan's family was able to make it in this year, so it was also a big weekend for the cousins to hang out.  We had about 60 Brown family members at our Thanksgiving feast.  We borrowed the gym at First United Methodist in Bryant again.  It's a great facility where the kids can go wild and not break anything.  Thanks to Meghan for taking pictures throughout the weekend.

Yes, he was a fan of Thanksgiving dinner.







The cousins (minus a napping Lane) with my Uncle John and Aunt Janice.

Lizzy with her "Claybug."  That's all she calls him.


Aaron fell asleep on my lap one afternoon.  He hasn't done that since he was a couple months old.  He must have been completely exhausted.

I made Meghan document it.

The cousins.  Lizzy, Lane, Clayton, Eli, and Aaron.

The cousins with their Great Granddad.  Aaron wasn't so sure about being held by Clayton, and apparently Eli is the boss of Lane.

We had such a great weekend, and I feel so fortunate that we've lived in Oklahoma so long and that the drive to my grandparents house is easy from here.  Thanksgiving is always the big "gathering" holiday for their family, and we've been so blessed to get to go almost every year we've lived here.

1 comment:

  1. You have a beautiful family! I am a member of Grace UMC in Alamogordo and followed your journey with Colin. I stumbled across your blog today and was thrilled to see your 3 adorable little boys.

    ReplyDelete