Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!

It's been a while since I've updated.  I really hope to be more on the ball with that now that we're home and settled.  Things are going well here.  We're back into our routine, including school for Clayton, and we're enjoying being a family again.  Clayton is doing well with his recovery.  We are still doing weekly INR checks to try to manage his coumadin, but I think we're getting closer to finding just the right dose and schedule for him.  Hopefully he'll be in the right range this week.  Ryan and I are becoming more and more convinced that Clayton has more energy now than he did before the surgery.  Ryan took him out for a little bike ride around the neighborhood the other day, and he rode the entire way, something he hasn't been able to do before.  His appetite is good, and it looks like he's kicked his afternoon napping habit, which is good for our almost six year old.

We've been celebrating Easter this weekend, remembering the sacrifice on the cross for our sin, and thanking God for his grace.  Our church had a big egg hunt for the kids on Saturday evening, and then we attended the Saturday night service.

I made the boys vests and ties this year.  I actually didn't get started on them until Thursday, which made for two seriously late sewing nights, but it all worked out, and I think the final product was worth it.  I loved the way the vests turned out.  I thought they looked so fresh and ready for spring.  Eli is such a unique little personality, so I thought he'd be cute with a bow tie.

Aaron was our most enthusiastic egg hunter.  This boy knew just what to do, and he was a man on a mission.  He hunted with the babies, again with the toddlers, and again with the kindergarteners.  I couldn't hold him back.

Eli liked hunting for eggs, but we had to keep convincing him to keep hunting.  He's an instant gratification kind of guy, and he wanted to know what was inside each egg right away.

Clayton knew just what to do and had a great time with all his friends.  He was so excited to be wearing a tie.  I'm not sure why, but he loved it. 

Today we had a nice, lazy day around the house.  The kids got a few things in their Easter baskets and we had a little egg hunt in the backyard.  We had our traditional ham and potato dinner with just our little family tonight.  The boys are in bed, and now I'm ready to finish the weekend with a relaxing evening.

Tuesday is Clayton's sixth birthday!  I can't believe he's so old.  We don't have any big birthday plans nailed down yet, but we'll see what we can come up with to celebrate our little man's big day.



3 comments:

  1. Happy easter!!! I love, love, love their vests and ties! You did an awesome job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So special!!! Amazed at your vests

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it myself. Im trying make some this evening.

    ReplyDelete