Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Spring Break

Eli is on Spring break this week, and the weather in Georgia has been gorgeous.  We've been soaking it up because all too soon I know it will be super hot and muggy.  Today we had a picnic lunch at one of the church playgrounds in town.  It's a great place to eat, play, and explore, and I'm so thrilled they encourage the public to use their facility.  There are not very many playgrounds around here, so this a gem.
Eli

Aaron

Clayton

Serious sliding

Love this little guy.

The boys love climbing to the top of this hill and running down.

Here they come.

Eli is still in his walking boot, but it doesn't slow him down.  If only the manufacturer of this boot could see the abuse this boot has endured.

They also have this cool climbing wall.  Eli has gotten to the top before, but he was a little less confident today.  I was laughing so much when I took this picture.  You know the scene in Frozen when Anna is determined to climb the mountain, and she puts in all that big talk and effort and only ends up about three feet off the ground?  Well that would be Aaron!  You would have thought he was climbing Everest with all the talk about what a great climber he is, and this was as far up as he got!  Maybe next time buddy!

After we'd played for a while we decided to take a little stroll on some trails in the woods behind the playground.  Almost immediately we ran into this bad boy.  I was so proud of myself for just continuing on like it was no big deal, when I really wanted to abandon my children and run screaming out of the woods.  I had planned to take lots of cute pictures of the boys on the trail and exploring the woods, but instead I was on serious snake patrol the rest of the hike.



4 comments:

  1. Hooray! So glad to read about your sweet boys! Looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a lot of fun!! And a standing ovation for the snake spotting and keeping calm!! It's soo hard to do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome hill! I would be tempted to roll down screaming, "Aaaaaassss yoooooooouu wiiiiiiiish!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO much fun and I laughed the entire time I was reading your post. I miss you! That snake is disgusting! Hug those boys for me.

    ReplyDelete