Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Eli at Home

Everything here is going well. We've been home for a week and a half now, and time is flying. Eli is doing very well. He had his first doctor's appointment last Friday, and he's gaining on Clayton already. At discharge Eli weighed 7lbs, 2oz. That was Sunday. By Friday he was up to 7lbs, 9oz. Of course there's probably some scale variance, but he's definitely gaining. Everything else looked and sounded great, and the doctor said to come back in two months. With Clayton the doctor usually said to come back in two days, so I don't know how I'll survive two months.

My mom has been here since Eli was born and will stay through Christmas, which is a huge blessing to our family with Ryan's busy schedule. My dad was in to meet Eli this weekend, and we all had a good time. We were all able to attend church together on Sunday. Clayton had been suffering from some "nursery anxiety" earlier this fall, but he waltzed into the nursery willingly for the second time, and that makes Sundays so much more enjoyable. The rest of us are still laughing over the church preschool's performance of We Wish You a Merry Christmas. Oh my goodness! There was one little boy who was absolutely hilarious, and the program will not soon be forgotten by the congregation. I really hope to send Clayton to this preschool next fall, and I can't wait to see him up there singing.

This week Mom and I are busy preparing for our big family Christmas. We're having Grandmother and Granddad, Mom and Dad, Meghan, Luke, and Lizzie, Pamela, and Aunt Janice and Uncle John, plus our family. We've been busy planning the menu and the schedule. I can't wait to see everyone and have them all meet Eli. Clayton will love having so many men in the house and will most likely spend the week conning men out into the freezing cold to play with a ball of some type.

I'm not the greatest about taking pictures, but here are a few from our new family.




Arriving at home for the first time on a very chilly afternoon.

Loving the swing.


Tough love from Clayton.


Zeitler boys.

3 comments:

  1. So glad to hear everything is going well! You all look great. Love to you and your family. - Mary A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love claytons red cheeks. autumns are currently the same color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendy,
    I have been thinking of you and had to look you up. I do not know if you remember me but my son(Mani) and Colin were roommates at Lucile Packard. I am sooo happy for you and your family. Our prays have always been with you all and will continue to be. Take Care, Lani

    ReplyDelete