Thursday, February 5, 2009

We're Eatin Mor Chikin!

All that baby weight I've lost is about to make a reappearance. Today they opened a Chick-fil-A just down the road from our neighborhood. I don't think I've ever seen an establishment go up and open so quickly. For the last couple weeks there has been a banner with a count down till the opening. I marked my calendar for the big day. After Eli's doctor's appointment we headed over to check it out. I should have brought my camera because the Chick-fil-A cow was there, and Clayton loved him. I did take a couple pictures when we got home. Clayton has never been into ice cream or milkshakes, but he absolutely loved my milkshake today. I couldn't believe it. Clayton was way too focused on getting as much cookies and cream milkshake as he could, so he wasn't able to smile for the camera. Here are my attempts.
I am a big Chick-fil-A fan, but I'm apparently not as dedicated as all the people that were camping in the parking lot. Yes, when I drove by there last night at about 9pm, there were no less than 40 tents pitched in the parking lot. The low last night was supposed to be about 30 degrees, and when I got up this morning, the windchill was 24, so these are some dedicated fans. Apparently the first 100 people in line receive a free chicken sandwich meal once a week for an entire year. I knew there had to be some catch. Anyway, that's the big story around here.

3 comments:

  1. I want one!!!! But no such luck in Blythe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some sweet cheeks on Mr. Eli!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i almost asked you if he would eat milkshakes! that will get some meat on him! i love your picture montages. (i know i didnt spell that right)

    ReplyDelete