Thursday, July 30, 2009

G is for Gator

We're back from our trip to Fredericksburg. I'd love to say that I was a good mom and took lots of pictures of my boys enjoying all the dirty, outdoor fun there is to do at Uncle Tom's ranch. That was my intention, but if you want pictures, you actually have to bring your camera. Oops! We were several hours down the road before I realized it, so there was no going back. I'm hoping people will email me their weekend pictures, so if you have a good picture or two, please send them my way.

We had a great time riding on gators (the John Deere variety), feeding horses, feeding calves, sitting on cliffs and bridges to nowhere, sleeping in cabins, shopping in town, and eating well. Clayton was dirty from sun up to sun down, just the way kids are supposed to look out at the ranch. Most importantly, we got to spend the weekend with a lot of family. My aunt and uncle live outside of Fredericksburg. My two cousins and their families were there, as well as my parents. The kids present were 12, 9, 6, 3, 2, 7 months, and 4 months. It was a full and busy house.

The boys and I left Monday morning and came home via Wichita Falls, where we stopped off to spend the night with Jennifer, my college roommate. We also had a great time, staying up way too late, catching up. The boys are becoming quite the car riders, and once again, they did great. They actually slept the entire way home from Wichita Falls.

When we returned home, Clayton immediately needed to drag out every toy he owns. After a few minutes, he emerged from his room, saying, "day-dor, day-dor." He was carrying this book
opened to this page.

Yes, my little boy was in heaven all weekend.

2 comments:

  1. What great travelers they are! Sounds like another fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that in your last post, you said, "i promise to be better with the camera next time!" look lady... do i need to come over there and take pictures FOR YOU!? :) you know i wouldn't mind that ONE BIT!! :) miss you!!

    ReplyDelete