Friday, August 20, 2010

Catching Up

Note: I actually wrote this over a week ago, but I've been having technical difficulties with the laptop lately, so it was never published.  I wish I had time to revise this to be a little more current, but I don't.  Just pretend you're reading this last week.  I also don't have time to upload anymore pictures, which is probably a good thing because I haven't had time to take very many lately.  Poor Aaron, like many other later siblings, is destined to have very few baby pictures. 

I can't remember how many blog posts I've started and haven't finished in the last two weeks.  That's pretty much how things are going around here.  I get all kinds of things started and very few things completed... the laundry, dishes, making beds, etc.  I wonder if this post will ever get published.

Besides all that, things here are going fine with the new little man.  Aaron's a pretty content baby during the day but definitely has his sleeping challenges at night.  He's still sleeping too well during the day and is ready to be entertained all night.  He prefers to really snooze between the hours of about 3am and 12pm.  Unfortunately, Ryan and I prefer a slightly earlier bedtime, so it's definitely been a challenge.  Some nights are better than others. 

The big boys are loving their new little brother.  I find all sorts of matchbox cars in Aaron's bed and bouncy chair.  Clayton loves to share his cars with Aaron.  If only he'd share just one car with Eli!  We have about a million to spare.  Eli too loves Aaron.  Everytime he sees Aaron, he runs over, says "baby", and pats his head (somewhat gently for a 20 month old).  Eli still requires a lot of care and attention, so I've been doing the best I can to make sure he doesn't feel left in the dust.  Clayton is a little more independent and is usually excited to help with Aaron, so I think that makes him feel included.

We had Aaron's two week check up Thursday.  Aaron ended up losing right at 10% of his birth weight while in the hospital, so we had taken him for a few weight checks the week before.  He was born at 8lbs, 3oz, and at two weeks, he was back up to 8lbs even.  The doctor was pleased, and we weren't surprised.  This boy loves to eat.

We had Clayton's 4 year old well child check this morning.  Don't judge me.  I'm perfectly aware his birthday was in April, but seriously, this kid had about a million doctor's appointments this spring, and I just couldn't fit in one more, especially with Ryan being gone so much, and me being pregnant and hot.  Anyway, he weighed 28.6 pounds and was 36.5 inches.  That's the 0 point something for both on the growth chart.  Same old, same old.  Other than his usual growth issues, he was pronounced "well".

Here are a few pictures.  I promise more soon.

 Aaron with his great grandmother

 Aaron, Clayton, and Eli with their great grandfather

 Eli loves his playhouse.

Clayton and Aaron
(Clayton's black eye has finally healed up now)

1 comment: