Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A Cool Front Means a Day at the Zoo

We had a cool front move through here this morning.  Hallelujah!  The high today was 80 degrees, and that was early this morning.  We immediately packed our bags for the zoo.  It was overcast, breezy, and in the 70s, which is the perfect weather for a day at the zoo.  It was so refreshing to finally go somewhere outside.

Nan pushing the boys on the swings

Clayton in the spider

Clayton getting brave in the lorikeet exhibit.  I'm not sure what he would have done if one of these birds had actually perched on his finger.

Clayton and Mommy

Eli checking out the lorikeets.  The worker in the exhibit told us the birds are attracted to strollers.  Although they don't allow any food in the exhibit, the birds have learned that strollers often have crumbs, so they had to check us out.  I was surprised Eli stayed so calm.  He's not really an animal person.

Nan and Eli on the slide.  Isn't she a great Nan?

Nan in the petting zoo.  Once again, isn't she a great Nan?  I'm not really a petting zoo kind of person, so I decided Aaron probably shouldn't go in, which meant Nan got to take the big boys.

My first picture with the three boys (alternately titled: Aaron really did in fact come to the zoo with us).  It occurred to me that I hadn't gotten a picture with me and all the boys yet.  It then occurred to me that we don't have a family picture with the five of us yet either, so I'll have to work on that one.

2 comments:

  1. Love the picture of the 3 boys and their beautiful Mama. You look great Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful picture of you and the boys!!! I was thinking of you today, I'm making the mexican casserole that you prepared so long ago at our bible study. God has blessed you!!!!

    ReplyDelete