Monday, November 1, 2010

Trick-or-Treating

Well, I'll begin by saying that I have some real issues with Halloween and trick-or-treating.  It's a little bit about the whole "Is this an activity in which Christians should participate" question, but it's actually more about the scary factor to me.  I don't like scary things.  Period.  I don't watch scary movies, and I really do not enjoy seeing people dressed up in scary costumes.  I am especially not a fan of some of the disgustingly gory costumes I've seen in the last several years.

All that said, I decided to let the big boys go trick-or-treating this year.  Their cousin and friends were going, and Clayton kept coming home from preschool saying he was going to dress up for Halloween.  I decided they could go early before all the big kids came out, and they could go to the houses on my parents' street.


I will say, they had a great time.  They loved dressing up.  Clayton completely mastered trick-or-treating, and Eli mastered holding up his bucket for people to deposit candy.  They both ended up with half a bucket of candy, which was plenty, and they were home around sunset.  Clayton was a puppy dog, and Eli was Elmo.  We don't watch very much Elmo around here, but for some reason everytime you ask Eli what his name is, he says, "Elmo," and gets this sly little grin on his face.  So when I saw the Elmo costume, he had to have it.

Getting ready to go.  They weren't too sure about what we were doing.

After trick-or-treating with Lizzy.  Note Eli eating a tootsie pop with the wrapper on.

No comments:

Post a Comment