Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Hanging Around

Just a few quick pictures from the weekend.  We've been on the road again, and it sure is good to be home. 

Clayton is using his new TAG Reader from Leapfrog.  I wasn't sure about this gift, but let me tell you, this has been the best Christmas investment I've ever made.  Clayton LOVES this.  The pen can do all kinds of reading activities with your child, but for our four year old, we mostly use it to read the TAG books and hear different sounds and phrases from the pictures.  I can't believe how much Clayton loves this thing.  He could listen to stories for hours. 

 Eli.  Oh, Eli.  Eli goes through phases of being attached to his (and anyone else's he can get his hands on) toothbrush.  I originally tried to keep the toothbrushing confined to the bathroom, but then the dentist told me all about how great it was to let kids chew on them, especially if you have a hard time reaching all their teeth while they're brushing.  I love this little man, and he has a new interest... puzzles.  Usually he's too busy to pay attention to these, but in the last few days, he's worked a few pieces here and there.

We broke out the old Jumperoo.  We bought this for Clayton years ago, and then Eli used it too.  The thing was always a big hit with my kids.  This picture was taken in the first few minutes Aaron was sitting in it.  Then, like with all baby things, Aaron realized this was just one more way for Mommy to put him down, and he didn't take kindly to it.  Aaron, why do you always NEED to be held every minute of everyday?  I love you, but you are going to have to find a way to be happy without being in my arms every second of the day.  PS Did I mention how much I love you?

4 comments:

  1. ethan and caroline got the tag system for christmas too! my favorite part is the earphones that plug into it!!!!!!!! :) total. silence. till caroline talks to hers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nate has a tag junior and we love it! It kept him busy for over an hour on a recent road trip. Pretty amazing! Sorry we missed you while you were in TX.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, they are cute. I will have to keep the tag book in mind. My kids were never fooled by the Jumperroo either. It is sweet that they want your attention 24/7 - remind me of that when I am playing dollhouse this evening instead of doing chores.

    Got your Christmas letter: So much fun. Come see us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My kiddos are the same way with the toothbrush! I never thought of it as a good thing either so I'm glad your dentist mentioned the positives! What adorable boys they are.

    ReplyDelete