Monday, March 25, 2013

Georgia Cardiology Visit

We met our new GA cardiologist today.  It was a good visit.  The best part was that the office ran on time, actually a few minutes early, and they told me to budget 2 to 2.5 hours for the appointment, and we were out of there in 1 hour and 50 minutes.  I've NEVER been to a pediatric cardiology office in CA, FL, or OK that ran anywhere close to on time.  I've also repeatedly been closed in a small exam room (usually with 3 small children) for well over an hour to wait to see a doctor, after having waited in the waiting room for at least a half hour.  That's the end of my rant.  So... so far, so good.

The doctor seemed great.  The echo today looked pretty much like the description from Clayton's last echo last July.  There was perhaps a little more leakage on the tricuspid valve, which makes my stomach turn, but maybe that was just a difference of opinion in the echo interpretation.  We'll see in the next echo.  Clayton had that valve repaired during his Glenn, at three months old, and it's held like a champ, so I'm praying it continues to do so because another repair is probably not an option for him.  Our new doctor did want to add in a new med to Clayton's regimen, which is always the joy in changing cardiologists, but he was quite convincing, so as of tonight, Clayton's back on a very small amount of diuretics.  I was seriously questioned by the pharmacist as to why a six year old would be on diuretics, but I appreciate she's paying attention to patient profiles while filling her scripts.

Perhaps the best news was that Clayton weighed in at a whopping 36.5 pounds!  That's up 6 pounds in the last year, something I don't think he's done since his first year of life.  I pray that he will continue to grow like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment