Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Snow Day

The weather started getting pretty icy here yesterday afternoon. We woke up to find snow this morning. Yeah! Ryan didn't have to go into work this morning, so he's been home playing with us. This is our first snow this season. We've had some bitterly cold days, but they hadn't lined up with the moisture yet.


Here are a few pictures from this morning. Thanks to my mom who found this little snowsuit for Clayton. Last year I waited too long to purchase one, and the stores were sold out before the first snow. We had so much bad weather last year, so I really wanted Clayton to have a snowsuit for this year. I really think little boys need to play outside for at least a few minutes everyday. When it was 80 degrees last week I wasn't sure he'd get to wear it, but luckily it's supposed to be really cold the rest of this week, so I think he'll get a little use out of it.

As for Eli, he too owns a snow suit. Around Thanksgiving of 2004 we thought we might get to bring Colin back to New Mexico. My mom purchased this sweet little suit for him to wear back at home. That didn't ever work out. Then Clayton was born in the spring, and we moved to Florida, so there was no need for a snowsuit. After hanging in our closet for over four years, Eli finally wore it for the first time today.

Winter weather is really fun if you don't have to go anywhere, and you have a nice warm home waiting for you.

2 comments:

  1. I actually said "awww" out loud when I saw Eli's little snowsuit. Adorable! I'm glad you guys had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree that snow is fun if you don't have any where to go...it has been bitterly cold and I still have to go to work:(
    Sonja

    ReplyDelete