Monday, August 31, 2009

Riding Out the End of Summer

We've decided to stay home these last couple weeks. We've officially broken our summer record by sleeping in our own beds for 17 consecutive nights now. We haven't been up to anything too exciting, but we have been LOVING the cooler weather we've had the last several days. We had to run to the grocery store early this morning, and I actually put pants on Eli because it was in the 60s.

Some scenes from around our house lately:

Eli looking sweet


Clayton has been practicing napping on his napmat (per his soon-to-be teacher's request). He sleeps like a champ. Actually staying on the mat is another story.


Speaking of napmats, I made this little mat for Clayton for preschool (which starts Sept 11th, wish his very brave teacher lots of luck). It has a foam insert for comfort that can be removed for washing, and the top part is a stuffed pillow. The blanket is attached. The whole thing rolls up, secures with velcro, and has an elastic carrying strap. If you're looking for a free napmat pattern, here's where I got mine.


Sleeping in the big boy camo pjs

We took advantage of the cooler weather and drug out the bike trailer. This was Eli's first time, and they were both happy the whole ride.

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe Eli is big enough to wear those camo jammies! And I love Clayton's rest mat. Too cute! It looks like he loves it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that nap mat! great job. it looks so cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness!! They are so cute!! I love the nap mats. I think I am going to make those. My boys don't really take naps anymore, but I make them have quiet time. They always line up my paper towel rolls and lay on them. You could be on to a good thing with these!!

    ReplyDelete