Saturday, August 22, 2009

Too Much Quiet is Never a Good Thing

The boys and I were over at Elana's for lunch yesterday. The big boys (Clayton, 3 and William, almost 2) were finished with lunch and had gone off to play in William's room while Elana and I were feeding Eli and chatting at the table. After a while it occurred to me that it was very quiet back in that bedroom. I didn't think much of it until I heard some coughing. Clayton is a choker and has been known to put small things in his mouth, so I thought I'd better check it out. Elana headed down the hallway before me. As we came into the room, you couldn't see clearly. My first split second instinct was fire. Then I realized no, it was baby powder. Everywhere. And you could hardly breathe in there.

The culprits. This picture doesn't really do the scene full justice, but you get the idea. The sheet is completely covered, as is the top of the dresser. I guess they also felt the need to fingerpaint the walls with it as well. Check out the footboard on Will's little bed. Most of that was from the powder settling out of the air. I think my favorite part of this picture is the way Will is clinging to a little Precious Moments figurine. I don't really think Elana intended that as a play toy either.


The little basket of Will's shoes between the dresser and bed. None of those shoes are actually white.


William definitely took the brunt of the powder. He wasn't too phased though.

While Elana put the boys in the tub, I got busy with the mess. It didn't take too long to clean, but the smell of baby powder was still lingering in that part of the house hours later. At least it was only baby powder. I'm so glad we weren't cleaning up diaper ointment or something along those lines. What a mess!

8 comments:

  1. Boys!

    Last week my three year old emptied a WHOLE brand new tub of diaper cream onto the floor. He made sure and rubbed it in for me too.

    Talk about a mess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I'm glad I didn't have to clean that up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why do boys always find trouble? Great pictures, something that you can look back on and laugh at!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jackson and Addison did that exact thing last week in their bathroom. Gotta love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. hilarious! we have had incidents of nail polish and ointment used as "lotion".

    ReplyDelete
  6. The look on Clayton's face is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This makes me laugh. And, I also feel better knowing that my boys aren't the only ones who do this kind of stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. my first thought was, "at least it smells good!" man oh man, that was a mess. but like you said, it could have been much worse.

    ReplyDelete