Sunday, May 15, 2011

Touch-a-Truck

It's that time of year again.  It was the second weekend in May, and when I woke up on Saturday morning, I knew I had forgotten something.  Touch-a-Truck in Edmond!  We've gone the last couple years, and I didn't want the boys to miss out on it this year, so we quickly got ready and headed out the door.  In true spring style, the weather was downright nippy, but better a little cold than hot at an event like this.  It has actually been cold at this event the last two years and now this year too.  Isn't that strange? 

Although there were a ton of trucks and vehicles, there were several vehicles missing this year.  I hope they'll be back next year.  The boys didn't seem to notice though.  They were in high heaven.  I thought Aaron would be bothered by the noise, but he stayed snug as a bug in my Ergo carrier and actually napped most of the time. 


We followed up the event with a trip to Chipotle, which we don't have on our side of town, so I have to splurge when I'm up in Edmond.  By the time we loaded everyone back into the van, the kids were beat and all slept on the way home.  It's always good to get some family time in on the weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment