Tuesday, October 21, 2008

News from our Family

I just realized that my first real post included some pictures of me, obviously expecting a baby. It's true. Ryan and I have been hesitant to spread the word, as we've been very nervous about the health of this baby, but surprise to all who didn't know... I'm expecting a baby, due December 15th. This baby is one of the most viewed babies of all time, and so far everything is looking as it should. I've had four fetal echocardiograms now, and they all appear to show a healthy, four chamber heart. I'm always cautious, as these defects are easily missed, and sometimes the angle or shadows on the ultrasound can mask things, but so far, so good. Each echo and ultrasound have also shown this baby to be a BOY, so that's three boys for us! I have sadly come to the conclusion that I may never get to buy anything pink for myself, so I've been busy buying up all the pink for my niece Lizzie. My doctor is planning another c-section around the 5th of December, so we'll keep you posted. We are very excited to add a new baby to our family, and I think we'll both breathe a sigh of relief when the baby arrives safely and passes his first echo on the outside.

10 comments:

  1. Wendy,

    Welcome to the world of blogging. I have been addicted for going on 5 years now.

    As the mother of four boys I think boys ROCK! I am so happy to hear that you guys are expecting again. I have been keeping up with you guys via your other website and am excited to read your blog as it progresses.

    I will even overlook your Aggie references (my hubby is a Texas Tech grad and we bleed red and black around here).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to hear the news about a new baby boy in your family. Congratulations to you and Ryan. Mike and I are expecting Baby Lucy May, due December 6th! Seems December is a popular month to have babies. Best of luck to you Wendy, and yes, welcome to the blogging world.
    Jenny Zollars
    (from Holloman)
    zollarsfamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Ryan & Wendy! Keeping you in our prayers and hoping for a healthy delivery and smooth recovery.
    Mariah Abercrombie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to you guys!!! Its going to be so much fun watching the boys become friends. Gunnar and Wyatt are really buds now. We are so excited for you guys! Mike and I love hearing about Clayton and seeing his pictures....the blog is a brilliant idea:)
    Hugs~ Beth Weiser Petroka

    ReplyDelete
  5. welcome to blog-world!! i'm so excited that you decided to start a blog!! i have added you to my feedreader, so i'll be able to keep up with you so much easier now! so now you HAVE to update regularly or i'll start bugging you. :) you look great, and i'm so thankful that things continue to look good for your sweet baby boy. we are praying for y'all and miss you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! Glad to see you guys are doing well!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like Clayton loves his "First kiss" from a girl close to his age.....U go, Clayton!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wendy and Ryan,

    Hello! Congratulations on your pregnancy. We are so excited for you and your family and are so happy to hear you all are doing great! We are also expecting this winter...January!! We have moved to McKinney, Texas! Looking forward to your updates! Take care.

    Love,

    Steven and Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are positively glowing my dear friend!! (And Ryan seems to have a bit of a shine on himself!)... Love seeing yer widdle belly grow! Many blessings and oh-so-much love to all the Zeitlers! Love, Cindy Lester

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was so wonderful to hear your exciting news! Congratulations to you all! Clayton is too cute! He looks and sounds like quite a busy and happy guy! We will keep lifting you and that baby boy up in prayer!
    Blessings!
    Jason, Sheri & Jacob Marcus

    ReplyDelete