Friday, March 27, 2009

Road Trip

The boys and I have just returned from a week down in College Station. We went primarily to attend my neice's baptism, but we turned it into a short little vacation and had a good time visiting with all our family.

Our trip was Eli's first extended car ride, and it was my first time on an extended trip with the two boys by myself. It usually takes about six hours to get to College Station, with one drive through stop and no kids. Well, with the two kids by myself, it took me almost nine hours to get down there. The two hour lunch stop really threw us back. First I had to feed Eli in the Chick-fil-A (of course) parking lot. Then we went inside, where I begged Clayton for a long time to eat just a few bites. Then I had to let him play in the playland because he'd been strapped in for over three hours. Then Eli needed a diaper change. Then Clayton had to go potty. All of a sudden we'd been there an hour and forty-five minutes. Oh dear. There was one more eating stop for Eli a few hours down the road, and nine hours later, we arrived.

On the way home we ate lunch before we left, a huge time saver. We only stopped once for dinner, and there wasn't a playland, sad for Clayton, but another time saver. Eli held off on a second feeding, and I squealed into our driveway seven hours later. Yes! I cut my time by two hours. Not bad.

There are lots of pictures from our trip, but since I forgot my camera, I'm waiting for people to e-mail me theirs. It's bluebonnet season in central Texas, and I can't wait to see the pictures my mom took of the boys in the bluebonnets. I'll post those and others in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment