Thursday, March 5, 2009

Three Months Old

Eli will be three months tomorrow, well, actually today. It's really late now. Ryan and I are up packing for our trip tomorrow. We're flying home to Las Vegas in the morning (you always have to throw in that "home" or people have the wrong impression). Wish us luck. We only have 45 minutes in Phoenix. Yikes!

Back to Eli, he's really doing great. He's up to 12 pounds now, and it won't be long before he's out of all these 0-3 month clothes. I've already put him in a few 3-6 month things. Eli caught his first cold last week. I don't think there was anyway to avoid it, as the rest of us had already had it. He's done really well with it, and it's almost gone now, which will hopefully make flying a little more pleasant for him. It's so unusual to just watch a cold. Usually I'm so worried about oxygen saturations and skin coloring. I'm pleased to report that Eli has been pink and warm throughout his illness, and I never once considered taking him to the ER.

Clayton is great too these days. He's excited about flying on the airplane tomorrow. I don't think he quite understands what we're going to do, but everytime we talk about it, he signs to me that the airplane will fly in the sky. Yes, son, we will fly in the sky.

This morning as we were getting a few things organized around here, the boys were hanging out together in Clayton's room (under close supervision, of course), and I was able to catch a few sweet moments.



In the first picture, Clayton had pulled his chair up to the edge of the bed and was really keeping an eye on Eli. It was so sweet to see him babysitting his brother. He later climbed in bed with Eli and proceeded to give lots of his special "tough love" to his brother. Oh how I love these boys.

We'll let you know how all the travels go. Say a little prayer for us in the morning!

1 comment:

  1. They both look so good. I am so happy for you guys!! I love seeing the pics of them together. There is just something about pictures of "brothers".

    ReplyDelete