Thursday, April 16, 2009

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter! I can't believe Easter has come and gone. Time has been flying these last few months. Saturday night we dyed eggs with Clayton for the first time. He had so much fun. I tried to do as much as I could while making him think he was doing it all by himself. I was quite terrified, but Clayton cooperated completely, and there was no mess. We dyed a dozen eggs, and I thought they turned out really nice. Plain and simple is just right.

On Sunday, Ryan had to be to church early to play in the orchestra, so I got the kids up and ready and out the door by myself. After church we gave the boys their Easter baskets. We put Eli down for a nap, and I hid a bunch of Easter eggs around the living room. I had hoped to do this outside, but the weather was really yucky. Anyway, Clayton had the time of his life finding all those eggs, and it's definitely a game we'll have to do again. In the evening we enjoyed our Easter ham, and Clayton enjoyed the potato casserole. Yeah for those calories!

I love that Easter is always near the beginning of spring. Somehow, celebrating the resurrection at the time of year when the weather is beginning to warm up and the plants are showing some signs of life again is so refreshing. It helps remind me of the fresh start we have because our Savior has risen.

Colin's Easter Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment