Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Papa and Gigi

Last week we were so happy to have Ryan's parents, Papa and Gigi, out to visit us. Clayton was so excited. I try to pump these things up in advance to give him something to look forward to. Anyway, we started talking about their visit about a week ahead of time. A few days before they came, Clayton mentioned Papa. I asked him if he wanted Papa to come visit.

"Yeah. ZheeZhee?" (Gigi)

"Yes, Gigi is coming too."

Long pause.

"Dat?" (Cat)

"No, Clayton. Their cat is not coming."

Just checking, I guess. You know he would have been in heaven if they had brought that cat, who, by the way, really doesn't seem to care much for Clayton.

Anyway, we had a good time with the grandparents. Ryan and I were able to abuse them a couple times, taking advantage of some free babysitting, a great blessing. Ryan and Papa were able to attend their first NBA game, and we were all able to go out to the base to learn a bit about Ryan's work. Other than that, there was just a lot of hanging around and surviving the cold front that blew through here. I will say that Papa and Gigi have developed quite a habit of bringing bad weather with them. I'm remembering down pours, extreme highs, and now unseasonable cold. Thanks guys. Lucky for us the morning they left was beautiful, and we were able to get a short stroll through Bricktown. Hopefully we can take them back down there the next time they come.

Unfortunately, I didn't get many, um any, pictures on my camera, but I'll try to round up some off of Papa's camera and post them later.

No comments:

Post a Comment