Monday, April 6, 2009

Four Months Old

Is it really true? Yes, Eli was four months old yesterday. I can't believe it. Everything is going great with our little man. He's a super easy going baby, as long as he's fed every two to three hours. He's still demanding those frequent feedings during the day, but it's hard to complain when he's sleeping around eleven hours each night. We usually get Clayton down around 8pm, and then Eli goes down between 9 and 10pm. Clayton is up at 8am, and Eli is up around 9am. It's working out really well. We're slowly working on shifting Eli to the 8pm to 8am schedule, and then I will have my evenings back. Daytime naps are a different story, but at least the nights are going well.


In the fun news, Eli is such a social baby. He LOVES to talk. If you talk to him, he'll talk to you. He's perfecting the lip buzzing and the high pitched squealing. He's also been doing a lot of what I call "hee-haw" laughing. He just cracks himself up at least a couple times a day. I'm never sure what's so funny, but apparently it's absolutely hilarious. Eli is also working really hard to roll over. He's so close to getting from his back to his tummy. I'm not really sure why he wants to do this, as he hates tummy time, but he's sure working on it. I think he just wants to go somewhere. He's also very much into baby toys these days. Everything goes straight into the mouth for the taste test.

Get into my belly!

Eli had his four month well baby appointment this morning. I'm still having a hard time getting accustomed to only taking my child to the doctor once every two months. The appointments are so quick, and I don't even pack an overnight bag, just in case he gets admitted. It's really easy. Our doctor listened and listened and said everything sounded great (don't think I won't be having Clayton's cardiologist give a listen next month, just to be sure). Eli weighed 13 lbs, 3 oz (16th %) and was 25 inches long (54%), so a little light with average height. He got his four month shots, and then we were off.

Eli is such a sweet baby, and we are so blessed by his good health. We're also lucky that Clayton is such an excellent big brother. He loves and loves on Eli all day long, and he's usually willing to be Mommy's helper when I need it. I sure do love these boys. They're pretty sweet.


Reading stories before bedtime

Blackmail

1 comment:

  1. Please share your secret for sleeping through the night especially 11 hours!! Alyssa sleep through for a few weeks around 2 months old and not anymore! When I went back to work she started getting up at least twice. Alyssa is a talker too, I bet she would love to talk with Eli!

    ReplyDelete