Thursday, April 16, 2009

Milestones

Um, Eli rolled over last Friday. Surprisingly, he went from tummy to back, the direction I'd never seen him attempt. I thought it was a fluke, but he's done it several more times since then, so I guess that's not a fluke. I have definitely not encouraged this behavior, as I love having a child that stays in one place. Maybe he'll forget how to do it. I'm not ready for my baby to do such things.

In other news, I hesitate to jinx anything, but Clayton is rolling through potty training. He's pretty reliable now when he's awake. We haven't worked on naps or nights yet, but he's pretty good otherwise. We buckled down about a month ago, and he's done really well. We were out and about most of Tuesday, and although there were a couple of false alarms, the undies stayed dry the whole day. I want to thank everyone who gave me their potty training advice. I was so nervous, especially after trying last fall and Clayton being absolutely terrified of the potty. It's been somewhat easy this time. He just wasn't ready last fall, but he's definitely a big boy now.

If you're looking for a good potty book, this one did it for us. They have it for girls as well. Oh, my reading recommendations sure have stooped to a new low.

The boys are both growing up.

2 comments:

  1. I love it! Jackson is also potty trained...never thought the day would come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the potty training! And I hear ya on the rolling baby thing...Lucy has been rolling for about a week now and it makes life that much harder!

    ReplyDelete