Sunday, September 20, 2009

Happy Homecoming

You might remember this picture from this post, and thanks to my in-laws, it appeared in last Tuesday's edition of the Green Valley/Henderson View, our Nevada hometown neighborhood paper.

The picture was titled Happy Homecoming. The caption read, Air Force Capt. Ryan... assigned to... greets his 3-year-old son Clayton after a four-month unit deployment to Southwest Asia. Ryan is a 1997 graduate of Green Valley High School. The caption also gave me credit as the photographer. Ha ha. A photographer I am not. You just couldn't miss when trying to capture this boy's excitement.

PS Clayton still reminds me at least three times a day, "Mom, my Dada's home."

2 comments:

  1. A few happy tears are running after reading that post. I love the pic and you SO deserve credit for it!

    I am surrounded by "homecoming" stories recently and I think you will enjoy this family's story.
    http://lovewillbindus.blogspot.com/
    Check it out if you have time. They are coming home TODAY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! My mom actually brought the newspaper down this past weekend.

    ReplyDelete