Friday, September 4, 2009

Welcome Home Daddy!

Ryan made it home from his deployment last night. We were all so excited to see him. I hadn't told Clayton where we were going, just in case they were delayed. When we pulled up to the squadron I could see a large crowd forming outside. Several people were pointing to the runway, where I could see Ryan's plane had already landed. At that point I figured it was safe to tell Clayton what we were doing there. I asked him if he wanted to go see Daddy tonight. He was a little confused, but I finally got through to him that we were actually going to pick up Daddy right now. He was so excited that he immediately tripped and scraped his knees in the parking lot. After a couple tears and little dusting off, we ran our treats and snacks into the auditorium and made it outside just in time to see Ryan. Clayton was so happy, as was his Mommy. Truthfully, Eli was unphased. I don't think he really remembers Ryan, but I know he'll catch on soon. After waiting around forever to get Ryan's bags we were finally able to pack up and head home.


On pins and needles waiting for Daddy

Clayton jumped into Ryan's arms the moment he saw him. You can't describe in words how excited this little boy was. This is my favorite picture of the night.

Ryan and two of his boys

I know. Where's the whole family shot or at least one with myself and Ryan? I thought about it right before Ryan walked up, but I didn't think about it again until we got home. Oh well. We'll just have to remember it.

We're so excited and thankful to have Ryan home safe and sound. Deployments certainly give you a greater appreciation for your marriage and each other.

4 comments:

  1. Wendy,
    That picture of Clayton and Ryan is wonderful! I know that Clayton was too excited. Did he even want to go to bed that night? We are all so glad Ryan is home safe and sound!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Home Ryan! Enjoy all the wonderful fun family time ahead in the next few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. all teary eyed! i cant imagine being separated for 4months! so glad he came home all safe and sound. now we just have to pray mike through it!

    ReplyDelete