Sunday, June 13, 2010

Baby Boy

Everything is still looking good with our newest baby boy.  I had another specialty appointment on Friday. The doctor said everything looked really good and he doesn't need to see me again until my next pregnancy.  Ha ha.  We'll see.  They were able to get some really good four chamber views of the heart and some good views of the aorta as well, and that all looked good.  From this point on the ribs will be getting harder and harder, casting shadows on those things, so I was glad they were able to see what they needed. 

Baby boy was movin' and shakin' the entire appointment.  He also had his hands and feet in front of his face the entire time, so we didn't get any great face pictures, but the tech did manage to get these two when he let down his guard for a second. 
 

For those of you wondering, we don't share our baby names before the baby arrives.  We know so much about our babies these days: sex, approximate weight/height, all kinds of measurements, even what he looks like.  I like to hold out on one thing that will surprise people, and that's the baby's name. 

That said, we don't actually have a name picked out yet.  Gasp!  I think we named Eli about a week before he was born, and even once he was born I was still going back and forth between Eli and Elijah as I was filling out his birth certificate information (for the record, I do now love the name Eli, short and sweet, and cannot imagine him as an Elijah, so it all worked out).  Now that we're expecting our FOURTH boy, we've used up a lot of our favorites, and we're having to think a little harder than in the past. 

We had a Sunday school picnic last night, and a few of the girls were sitting around, attempting to name the baby.  They came up with Andrew as their favorite.  Yep, already used.  It's Clayton's middle name.  Jacob was also considered, and that's Eli's middle name, so they were 0-2 for baby names.

Anyway, I'm sure we'll figure out something, and when this boy arrives, we'll let you know.  My due date is August 10th, and I'll probably have my c-section a week or 10 days early.  We were waiting for good news on this last appointment, and now that we're pretty confident in this baby's heart, we'll probably schedule a date soon.  Until then, the kids and I are trying to stay cool, minimally swollen (just me), and somewhat busy having fun this summer.

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful news Wendy! And good luck with the name game, I feel your pain! Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO HAPPY FOR YOU GUYS!!!! So glad everything looks good! Can't wait to see you and all the boys in October!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I'm so glad things are going well. Jason thinks you should name the baby Jason. :) Just a suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete