Thursday, June 24, 2010

Just Call Him Chunky!

Clayton had a GI check up last week, and you could I have knocked me off my seat when the nurse told me he weighed in at 30 pounds.  What?  He was even wearing super light weight clothing and no shoes.  I was completely surprised.  Our usually completely mellow doctor was nearly giddy.  After adjusting his appetite stimulant for weight gain, we spent some time discussing Clayton's mystery vommitting issues that have been popping up now and then.  It was decided that Clayton will have an upper GI study in July to get an idea of what things look like down there.  They may or may not find anything with the study, but the mystery vommitting is pretty miserable for him, so we'll see if this turns up anything interesting.

All in all, it was an excellent appointment (except for Eli screaming the last ten minutes because I didn't bring a sippy cup).  We celebrated by picking up McDonalds on the way home.  You know, we want to continue Clayton's weight gain and all.

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm glad he's finally packing on the pounds! Don't you wish we could all celebrate such achievements?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! That is awesome Wendy!! Love the pic too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news!!! And I agree with your friend Krista, I would love to celebrate weight gain! LOL
    Hope the GI study will give you some answers. Thinking of you daily, hope you are feeling well.

    ReplyDelete