Saturday, October 23, 2010

Texas Mushroom Festival

My dad and I took the boys over to the Texas Mushroom Festival in Madisonville today.  I didn't know what to expect, and I'm not really a mushroom eater unless they're cooked into something, but I'm pleased to report that we had a great time.  Surprisingly, mushrooms played a very tiny part of this festival.  It was a typical small Texas town festival, just the right size for a family with three little ones.  Sadly, it's still 90 degrees here, and the humidity was really high, but it could definitely be worse. 

The boys were excellent.  Clayton and Eli sampled their first corndogs.  I'm scared of corndogs, but finding a somewhat unmessy carnival food is nearly impossible, with the exception of corndogs.  They were huge fans, and both boys scarfed them down.  Scary.

I nearly had a heart attack when I saw they had several stands selling fried Oreos.  Some of our friends at Holloman AFB used to make fried oreos for us, and they were TO DIE FOR!  I know, it sounds strange, but trust me on this one.  I hadn't had any since then, and let me tell you, they're still just as good as ever.  Do not pass up an opportunity to sample some if you ever see them around.


And yes, it's game day.  And yes, our Aggies finally managed to win a conference game.  I won't even mention what happened in Austin today.  Lately we're accustomed to such things in Aggieland, but I know Krista and Jason are crying hard tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, we are very very sad! I do have to say, OU's loss did help lessen the sting just a little. :)

    ReplyDelete