Friday, April 1, 2011

Eight Months

Aaron, where does the time go?  My baby is practically grown.  Well, not really, but he is getting bigger and bigger everyday.



It's no secret that Aaron is definitely my most needy baby, and while he has slightly improved from birth, he's still an extreme mama's boy.  The vast majority of his life is spent eating, sleeping, or being held by me; otherwise, he's screaming.  There are times I have to let him work it out, but there are times that I just give in.  I'm sure he won't be wanting me to hold him all day when he's 12, so I'm trying to find a way to enjoy it.  I have also been getting every dollar's worth out of my Ergo carrier.  Four to 6pm are especially trying hours around here, and Aaron can often be found strapped to my back in the Ergo carrier, happy as can be, while I'm cooking dinner.  It works out for us both.

All that said, Aaron really is a joy in our family.  When we're doing everything the way he wants us to, he's so funny.  He adores his brothers.  They love making him laugh.  Lately Aaron is developing a love for his Daddy too.  When Ryan comes home in the evenings, this boy is all smiles for Daddy.  He's also saying "Da Da" now, though probably not specifically for Ryan. 

As you can see, Aaron's pretty toothy.  That's usually the first thing people say about him.  He's like Eli in that way.  At about four months, he got three teeth and had those for a while.  Then about a month ago, five more came in within about a week's time.  Yes, that was fun.  So at eight months, Aaron has eight teeth.

Aaron loves his baby food these days, especially butternut squash.  I'm still enjoying making my baby food.  There are a lot of things about being the third (or fourth) child that one misses out on, so it feels good to be doing something special for him, and the way he inhales it makes me feel good too.

I sure do love this little guy.  Our home would feel so empty without him.

4 comments:

  1. I love that toothy smile and I love that little boy. Has it already been 8 months?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth (Weiser) PetrokaApril 2, 2011 at 1:38 AM

    Your boys are just adorable Wendy!!! When I read the latest on Aaron, I was thinking of my Rhett, lol. If Im not holding him, he is screaming....it took the 4th kid to get a screamer I guess, lol. Mike and I say he can light up a room with his smile and clear it with his scream. Its all one great adventure though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 8 months already. Wow! Are you sure????
    Love that toothy grin, he is adorable. Good for you making the baby food, that was one of the things I had to let go of with Macy. It was either that or the laundry and I think the rest of the family would have been upset about that :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete