Monday, April 25, 2011

He's Always Been a Great Eater

Eli, Oh Eli.  You definitely keep us on our toes these days. 


A couple weeks ago Eli, Aaron, and I were out running errands while Clayton was at preschool.  It was getting to be lunch time, and this boy was starving, and he was letting me know about it.  When Eli is hungry, it's a crisis.  I decided to drive thru McDonald's and get this boy a happy meal so that he'd have something the minute we walked in the door.  When we got home, I got his meal set up, and I went to use the restroom.  When I returned, Eli hadn't eaten a bite of the happy meal.  He'd gotten into the fridge, pulled out the strawberries, and was chowing down.  I wish I would make good food decisions like that.  I would have rather had the fries.


A couple days later I took this picture after lunch.  I had made the boys each a half peanut butter sandwich, half an orange, some goldfish crackers, and a granola bar.  Clayton didn't eat a bite of his, and Eli scarfed his down.  He said he was still hungry, so I just gave him Clayton's untouched plate.  I came back a few minutes later, and he'd eaten everything except half a granola bar.  Whoa.  This kid can pack it away.  I'm getting really nervous about my future grocery bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment