Thursday, June 30, 2011

Clayton

I can't believe we're still dealing with this, but Clayton's knee is still swollen, and it's causing more and more problems for him.  He has been limping 100% of the time for about three weeks now.  Yesterday we took a day trip to Wichita Falls to see my old roommate, Jennifer.  It's about a two hour drive.  We met her at a restaurant, and when I lifted Clayton out of the van, he collapsed in the parking lot.  He cried and cried and couldn't unbend his leg from the carseat position.  He eventually managed to hobble into the restaurant.  I would have carried him, but I was already carrying Aaron (and the high chair cover, and Aaron's lunch, and Eli's cup, and....).  About half way through the meal he had to use the restroom, and I had to carry him there and back.  Then he managed to hobble to the car afterward.  When we got to Jennifer's house he was able to bend it a little better, and by the time we left, he was walking, with the limp, pretty well.  Unfortunately, it stiffened up again on the drive home, and he was miserable for a couple hours once we arrived home. 

It was so very hot yesterday, and I'm wondering if sitting under the full blast air conditioner in the van for two hours each way irritated it.  He's been stiff in the mornings and after naps, but not to the extent he was after the two hour drive.

I'm starting to get very frustrated by this, and I feel terrible for Clayton.  He usually has a pretty high pain tolerance, so the fact he's been in tears multiple times over this really worries me.  We saw the pediatrician again on Tuesday and are now working on getting an ortho consult.  I really hope they can get us in soon.  Clayton has VBS in two weeks, and I'm not sure if he'll be able to go.  I cannot imagine what is going on.  His second round of bloodwork last week looked better than the first, so it's a mystery.  Also, Clayton can't take Motrin because of drug interactions, so that's just super.  Please say a prayer for my little guy.  It's pretty pathetic to watch your five year old crawl all around the house because his leg won't bend.

6 comments:

  1. Big sigh and a prayer!!! How frustrating. Give him a huge hug from us here!!! And tell him to give you one from me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just lifted y'all up in prayer, that He will lead you to the right doctor that will know exactly what to do for Clayton. I will continue to pray for you all through this time.

    Blake Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! I thought for sure he'd be feeling better by now. Hope the doctors are able to figure it out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That makes me sad!! I hope they find out the problem soon. You guys are in our prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Clayton! I'm praying his knee will get better soon! Praying they can figure out whats wrong and are able to treat it quickly and easily.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How is Clayton doing?

    Dawn
    Luke's mom

    ReplyDelete