Monday, June 6, 2011

Lizzy's Dress

Wow!  Thanks for all the comments about the little shoes.  In the spirit of tooting my  own horn, I'll share a little summer dress I made for my niece, Lizzy, a couple weeks ago.  I saw this dress here, and knew that Lizzy needed it for that hot, Texas summer weather.  It was so easy to make.  It turned out a little big, but it was 95 degrees on Halloween last year, and almost as warm on Thanksgiving, so I'm thinking she can wear it for a while, especially if she adds a little sweater.


The dress has three rows of elastic casing at the waist and a large bow at the top which is also on elastic to help gather and size the top.  I love pink, but I also know she has a ton of pink, so I tried to pick a fabric that would be something different for her.  Once I actually started sewing I was afraid she would look like one of the Von Trapp kids in their curtain playclothes from The Sound of Music.  I figured Meghan wouldn't mind though because that was one of our all time favorite movies growing up.  Yes, she could fit in right behind Gretel.

Now, I think I've got to get busy on another pair or two of those shoes for Aaron.

5 comments:

  1. I loved those little shoes, Wendy. Actually I printed out the pattern. I think I'll have to print this one too! Then I'll have to find time to make one for my girls!! Such a cute little dress. I'm sure it will be great for all these 100+ days we're having around here!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!!! ADORABLE!!! Good for you! Your niece is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lizzy looks so grown up in that picture. And Meghan showed the dress to me. First, its adorable...so adorable. Secondly, I'm jealous. I mean do I not mean as much to you Wendy as your sister? I have three little girls and bless their bones, they hardly have a stitch of clothing to wear. :)

    Only kidding, but I do want to try to make one of my own. Thanks for sharing the link. I just love that dress! You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We LOVE the wonderful dress you made Wendy! It is perfect. Lizzy loves to spin and spin in it. Thank you so much! You are SO talented. Keep showing us your projects. I love seeing them.

    ReplyDelete