Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Happy Birthday Clayton!

Clayton turned four on Saturday.  We were in College Station for the weekend and were able to celebrate with a few friends and family.  Unfortunately the birthday boy contracted a not-so-pleasant birthday stomach bug, so the partying was limited.  He did manage to make an appearance to open gifts and eat a piece of ice cream cake (against my better judgement).  Thank you to all who stayed during some not so pleasant moments.  I can't believe you didn't run for the hills.  I would have.

I can't believe my boy is four years old.  He definitely had a rocky start to life, but the past couple years have been good to us.  We are so fortunate to have him with us.  Happy birthday Clayton!  May the Lord bless you with many more birthdays to come!

Opening gifts

Clayton picked out sports themed plates, so Nan ordered this beautiful ice cream cake for him.

He loves when people sing Happy Birthday to him.

Blowing out candles.

He enjoyed his cake while he was eating it.  Unfortunately it didn't end up agreeing with him.  Yuck.

Somone else loves cake too.

4 comments:

  1. I love my sweet nephews and I was SO glad we all got to celebrate Clayton's birthday together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures are too cute Wendy. We had a great time at the party. Thanks for having us. I thought Clayton was such a trooper. If I would have felt like he did, I know I would have not wanted to open presents, much less be excited about them. He, on the other hand, had so much enthusiasm and excitement - it was fun to watch. Happy Birthday Clayton!

    ReplyDelete