Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Texas Bluebonnets

We spent the weekend in College Station, and lucky for us, the bluebonnets are a few weeks late this year and were out in their full glory while we were there.  My dad, Meghan, Ryan, and I took the kids out to take some pictures.  I took 65 pictures.  Meghan took 70.  We got a combined total of about five that we loved.  There were a few okays.  There were oodles of rejects.  None of these three kids had any intention of looking at a camera that day.  It was too bright and too exciting.  That's okay.  We had the same problem last year and will most likely have the same problem again and again in the future.  We love our bluebonnets and are always grateful when we're in central Texas in the few weeks they're blooming. 

Pop made this little boquet to try to entice Clayton to look at the camera.  It almost worked.

I do love this one of my newly-turned four year old exploring.


Meghan and Lizzy "playing" (translated: Meghan attempts to restrain Lizzy for a mother-daughter shot).

Our only family photo.  When enlarged, it's clear that Clayton is NOT picking his nose, but at this size, I know you're wondering.
An attempt at a moms and kids picture.

So sweet.

Loving my little man.


Strolling with Pop.

I love this picture of Ryan and Eli.

The cousins.

2 comments:

  1. I loved your definition of "play"... so very true! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cousin picture :) It looks like you guys had a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete