Sunday, April 25, 2010

Yet Another Public Service Announcement

So, if you haven't cleaned that disgusting drip pan thing underneath your grill in a LONG time, you might want to do that.  We had an incident last night that necessitated the employment of a fire extinguisher and almost necessitated a call to the fire department.  I'm so grateful we didn't burn down our house in front of our new friends who had never been here, or eaten here, and may never come back again.  Although I offered to run out for Chinese, the guys insisted they could get the chemicals off the grill in a somewhat decent amount of time, which they did, so I did eventually get the food on.  Hopefully my cooking made up for them having to practice their fire extinguishing skills.  I'm glad we can all laugh about it now, but it was a little hairy there for a few minutes last night.  Let's just say I've never seen the temperature guage on the front of my grill reach 750 degrees!

We were in the backyard, so I guess if worse came to worst, we could always employ Clayton's firefighting techniques. 

Yet another life lesson from Wendy: 1) The grill is not a self cleaning appliance, 2) Have a fire extinguisher in your house.  Aren't you so glad you can learn so much from reading my blog lately?

2 comments:

  1. Oh, no! I am going to have to call you about this one. Glad the house is still standing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am laughing so hard. Not at you, but with you. :)

    After I read your post to Jason, he replied, "We don't have a drip thing." I honestly don't know if that is better or worse.

    ReplyDelete