Monday, December 27, 2010

Cousins

On Wednesday we were excited to have some company.  My aunt and uncle drove through with my cousin's beautiful girls.  Camden is four months younger than Clayton, and Emma is three months younger than Eli.  Meghan brought Lizzy over as well, and these kids had a great time playing together. 

This picture must have been taken before what will forever be known as the moment I almost had a heart attack.  My parents have this hot tub built into their deck.  There is a gap between the deck and the tub of about ten inches.  We've always been nervous that someone will somehow manage to fall through this gap, down to the ground.  It's probably less than three feet down, but it's still a drop.

I was sitting at the dining room table, just inside from this spot.  I looked up, saw Emma (the one on the hot tub) standing on the deck next to the tub.  Then I saw her wobble, and then that black curly hair just disappeared.  I just about had a heart attack.  My dad made it to her first.  Luckily she landed on her feet.  She was actually laughing as Dad pulled her out.  I can't remember the last time my heart beat so quickly. 

This is a little water fountain in the backyard.  Dad cleaned it out and turned it off a few months ago for the winter (I use the term "winter" loosely here).  For some reason all children that come into this backyard LOVE to dig out all the rocks in there. 

Aaron, Clayton, Eli, Emma, Camden, and Lizzy

No comments:

Post a Comment