Thursday, December 23, 2010

Frosty Does Not Live Here and Some Random Other Stuff


It's not really looking like Christmas these days.  I keep seeing snow storms blowing across the country, but they are not reaching us down here.  Yesterday was a record high of 84 degrees.  Today it was only about 75, but Dad still decided the hot tub was in order.  He added just a little heat, and he and the big boys took a swim.  They have a blast in this tub.  Eli is still a little hesitant about swimming, but Clayton can stand comfortably, and he loves it.  I think swim lessons will be in order next summer.  He's getting comfortable putting his face and head under water now.

My sister Meghan, Mom, and I have been busy baking up a storm the last few days.  All I can say is YUM.  Speaking of "baking up a storm," tonight at dinner I commented that Eli was "eatin' up a storm."  Clayton pondered this a moment and then said, "Mom, what does that storm thing mean?"  Hmm?  It means doing something a lot or with gusto, but why do we (or at least I) say that?  I don't know.

Speaking of Clayton, the other night we were talking, and something was mentioned about the three kings in the nativity.  Clayton asked, "And what did they ride on?"  I was a little surprised by his question, and didn't really think about it before I told him I didn't know.  Then he informed me that they rode on a "Cam-in-all."  Of course!  I forgot about that.  Lately he's also been very into telling me that DaBid (David) threw a rock at Goal-I-ep (Goliath) and hit him in the head.  That's really all he recalls from the story, and I'm a little concerned we will have a rock thrower on our hands.  I'm picturing his first victim, Eli.

I hope everyone is having a Merry Christmas season.  We have a little company coming tomorrow, and then the Christmas crowd will be in on Christmas Eve.  Clayton is getting excited.

1 comment:

  1. Clayton has the basics down. At least you know he's been listening. :)

    ReplyDelete