Monday, December 20, 2010

A December of Firsts

It's time for a little Aaron update.  December has been a month of firsts for the little man.

Aaron is rolling back to tummy and tummy to back these days, even when swaddled, which means he now sleeps mostly on his tummy.  Of course it makes me a little nervous with all the SIDS warnings, but there's really nothing I can do about it unless I stand over his crib all night.  I did remove the crib bumper because he likes to wedge himself in the corner of the crib, and that really makes me worry he'll suffocate.

This past week Aaron has had his first cold.  It's been no fun for either of us.  He was awake every hour last night, and I was completely exhausted by morning when the other two got up.  Lucky for me, Mom and Dad took the other two to church, and I stayed home with Aaron to try to get a little more rest.  It didn't really work out, but it helped a little.  So far he's doing a little better tonight. 

Last week Mr. Fussy was in full swing.  Sure enough, when I put my finger in his mouth, there was a little tooth in there.

Exhibit A

Remember the blue fruit snack incident?  Well, let's just say Aaron has added a new baby-inappropriate food to his list.  A couple weeks ago, I was home alone.  It was lunch time, I had Clayton and Eli eating, and Aaron was hanging out in a highchair.  I was feeling like the Mom of the Year, which in my definition means 3 kids awake and everyone silent.  I was feeling so happy about the situation, that I actually snapped a picture, just to remind myself that peace is possible in this home.


After taking this picture, I turned around in the kitchen for just a minute, and Aaron started crying.  When I looked back I saw Eli stuffing a fish stick into Aaron's mouth.  Yes, I feed my children fish sticks on ocassion, and yes, apparently Eli felt the need to share.

The moment of peace was quickly interrupted, and Aaron spent the rest of the meal like this.  Thank you Eli.


I'm sure there have been other firsts this month, but it's hard to remember them all.  Even with all the tooth and cold drama over the last two weeks, I sure do love this little man.  He's such a blessing in our family.  I love seeing his brothers interact with him each day.  They are big fans, and it's so sweet to see them entertain Aaron. 

We've been busy getting ready for Christmas around here, but all that will be for another post or two.

1 comment:

  1. I used to love fish sticks when I was a kid!! And don't worry, I cheesed out on supper twice last week and threw some dino-bites (Chicken nuggents) in the oven to give to Cait!! Hope Aaron feels better soon!! And Merry Christmas to you all!

    ReplyDelete