Saturday, December 4, 2010

Thanksgiving

We travelled to Arkansas again for Thanksgiving this year.  My mom's family always has a big gathering, and it's usually the only time of the year I get to see a lot of my mom's cousins and their families.  The boys loved playing in Grandmother and Granddad's backyard which was covered in leaves.  In Oklahoma we only have one tiny tree in our front yard, so leaves are an entertaining treat for these boys.


Clayton loves playing with Granddad's beagle, Cap.

While we were there we had a little "pre-birthday" party for Eli.  Erika and Frank were able to come with their girls, and we were so glad to get to spend the evening with them.  We had enchiladas followed by a little hummingbird cake. 



We were a little rushed, so Eli still has enchiladas all over his face in these pictures.

We always have a great time with friends and family in Arkansas, and I am so blessed to be able to share my children with my grandparents.  I know we bring a lot of activity to their quiet home when we come, so I bet they're still recovering from all the excitement. 

Tomorrow night my sisters will be over to have a little birthday party for Eli, so we're looking forward to that.  I can't believe my baby will be two years old.  It seems like yesterday that I was busy preparing our house for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and a new baby.  Now he's two.   

No comments:

Post a Comment